We all come across social media marketing in our daily lives but what exactly do we understand about it? This post will give you some insight into social media marketing, its potential Pros and Cons and how current and potential businesses use it as an active tool.
Social Media Marketing
Social Media Marketing presents marketers an expression and a way to connect with friends, clients and potential customers. It is the process of increasing website traffic or attention through social media sites. The efforts are usually centric towards the attention of the readers that further encourage them to share it through a variety of social media platforms.
We all know that in today’s world, every single business is dependent on Social Media, some for its company’s reach and some for its sales. But what primarily motivates businesses to use social media is its ability to directly capture a particular market and thereby obtain feedback to better understand its operations. I will now be highlighting a few points that many businesses use to boost its presence and sales in a particular market.
Social Media’s Role in Business
- Increasing Brand Awareness: Social Media helps businesses boost their presence by giving them an edge to find their respective market, get visual and connect with potential influencers.
- Receiving Vital Feedback: Social Media helps business collect vital feedback by a variety of ways that are super-beneficial in connecting the dots when things don’t go as planned. Some of the ways it can be done by is by hosting a focus group, conducting surveys and polls, asking industry experts etc.
- Interacting with Customers: Social Media is one of the most important and beneficial sources through which businesses connect with its current and potential customers. There are a variety of platforms in the industry that enable businesses to directly connect with its customers. Some social media platforms include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.
Pros and Cons of using Social Media
- Wide Reach: Businesses can reach a large number of people through advertising.
- Cost Efficient: There are a variety of platforms where pages can be created free of cost with low or minimal maintenance costs.
- Engaging: Businesses often take advantage of the engagement insights within their respective fields to create a connection with its customer.
- Time Consuming: Business often fail to innovate regularly due to time constraints therefore, resulting in decline of sales and brand loyalty
- Easily Ignored: Advertising does not guarantee high level sales or brand reach because it merely interrupts the consumers with high possibility of it being ignored.
- Negativity: If a certain social Media platform is not well used, there is often a window for a possible repercussion or disapproval that can disturb the reputation of the brand.
Concluding the above topic, Social Media plays a vital role in our day to day activities and we must use it fruitfully in order to make the most out of it! I hope this article was helpful!
Until Next Time
The Digital Marketing Co.